UK

Police investigating Brand over sex offence claims in London and elsewhere

The Metropolitan Police says it has received a number of sexual offence allegations against Russell Brand in London and elsewhere in the country.

It says the alleged offences are all non-recent.

A Met statement said: “Following an investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches and The Sunday Times, the Met has received a number of allegations of sexual offences in London.

“We have also received a number of allegations of sexual offences committed elsewhere in the country and will investigate these.

“The offences are all non-recent.

“Officers will be offering specialist support to all of the women who have made allegations.”

There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.

More on Russell Brand

Brand denies all the allegations against him, says all his relationships were consensual, and has not been charged with any offences.

He is shortly due to start a live stream on video platform Rumble.

In a video on YouTube last week – which has removed his ability to make advertising revenue from his work – he said it had been a “distressing” time for him after the allegations emerged.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

You can receive Breaking News alerts on a smartphone or tablet via the Sky News App. You can also follow @SkyNews on X or subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with the latest news.

Articles You May Like

Home Office doesn’t know location of 17,000 asylum seekers – as Rwanda may get more than £140m already paid
Read Linda Yaccarino’s message to X employees about Elon Musk’s controversial DealBook interview
Cold weather prompts National Grid to activate energy blackout scheme
Mercedes will swap EQS electric SUV production for new 300-mi GLC EV at US factory
UK considers ways to block export of Elgin Marbles